For an ecommerce business selling products and services online via the website or through e-commerce platforms like Shopify, you must maintain a strong and continuous connection with your customers. However, do you provide the best tools to your customers to contact you when they need it? If not, you are surely going to lose your customers. Mainstream stores like Shopify offer great features in this regard, helping all listed e-commerce businesses make the most of the same to expand and grow their business. One such feature is Custom Form, also called a Custom Contact Form. This form can be created on your business’s or store’s contact page to help your customers get in touch with you. No matter what Shopify theme you are using, it offers you a built-in contact form that can easily be applied to the pages you make. In this article, we will highlight the way of adding a Custom Form to a page.
Creating a Page
You can make a page to which you want to add a contact form. If you make a page that doesn’t have any content, then the contact form is all that will display on the page. If you have content on the page, then your content will display above the contact form. Information can be included in forms like how customers may reach you, like by phone, by mail, or in person.
The Steps (For Shopify Users)
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store and then Pages.
- Click Add page.
- In the Title box, put the title for your contact page, like Contact us or Get in touch.
- In the Content box, enter the text that you want to display above the contact form. This is optional though and can be left blank.
- Some information that can be added to the Content box include:
- Short, friendly text like “We’ll get back to you shortly”
- Your store’s address if you have a physical store or location
- Your phone number if you want customers to be able to reach you by phone
- In the Template section, select page. contact from the Template suffix drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- Your contact form is now visible on your Contact page.
Linking to the Email
You will surely want to get notified via email if any customer reaches you as it helps you respond to them promptly. You can link the email with the form by putting the email id.
Your contact form delivers all the submissions to the Sender email address of your store. You can amend the sender email address in the General Settings of your Shopify admin.
Shopify sends all the contact form submissions, including those marked as spam, to ensure that you don’t miss any genuine messages that are flagged as spam by error.