How to make a collection of collections in the Supply Theme on Shopify
When using the Supply Theme, you might want to make a collection of collections to showcase all product categories on one page. For instance, if you sell household furniture, you can have a page titled Living Room.
Then, you may create a subset of collections on the same page, such as accessories, rugs, seating, etc. All stores in Shopify have a page that’s dedicated to showing all the collections in the store.
But you can also edit the collections list page to show a collection of collections exclusively. Here’s how to do it.
Create a collections page template for the Supply Theme
To do this, you have to make a new page template.
- In the Shopify admin, click on Online Store and then go to Themes
- Choose your theme and click on Actions
- Then, select Edit Code
- Go to Templates and click on Add a new template
- From the drop-down menu, select Page
- In the ‘called’ text box, write list-collections
- After that, paste the following code at the bottom of this new file and click on Save
Now, you have to create a page on which you want to show the collections.
- In the admin, click on Online Store and then go to Pages
- Click on Add Page
- Go to the page editor and type a Title in the assigned text box
- Now, assign the template from the previous process to this page by choosing page.list-collections in the drop-down menu for Template
- Click on Save
Finally, you have to create a menu for deciding which collections to show.
- In the Shopify admin, click on Online Store and go to Navigation
- Click on Add Menu
- Now, give it the title that you kept in the previous step. For instance, if your page’s title was Bedroom, the menu title should also be the same
- To add collections to the page, click on the Add menu item. Then, select the collections from the drop-down menu in the Link text box
Now, save the menu, and you’re done.