How to restrict shipping countries on certain items or collections in Shopify
If you sell different items in your Shopify store, it’s likely that some of them are not eligible for shipping to certain countries. You might want to restrict shipping to particular countries, but how do you display this clearly on your store?
Shopify suggests you set up zones or shipping profiles to restrict the shipping of some products to certain countries.
How to set up a shipping profile
Follow the steps below to set up a shipping profile that will let you restrict specific items to particular locations.
- Go to your Shopify admin and click on Settings. Go to Shipping
- Under the Shipping Profiles section, select Create a new profile
- You can name the profile whatever you want
- Go to Products and add your desired products to the section by using the search bar
- If you have to change any locations, read Shopify’s ‘Manage Your Locations’ user guide for more information
Now, you can create separate shipping zones in your shipping profile. To create a shipping zone, follow these steps:
- Go to Shipping To and click on Create Shipping Zone
- Name it as you want
- Choose the countries (or regions) to add into the zone and click Done
- You can then select the shipping rate for each zone by clicking on Add Rate
- After you’re done, click Save
Hide certain products
Shopify does not natively allow you to hide certain products from people if the items are not eligible for shipping to their country or region. However, you can use an app for this. A great example is Locksmith. It’s an app that lets you create country-specific product collections.
Using this app, you can determine what the customers see in your store. Moreover, you can also give secret links to your buyers.
Geo Blocking is a third-party tool that you can use to block visitors from certain countries from visiting a product page by simply adding a tool-generated code to your store.