Last Updated on July 13, 2021 by LAUNCHTIP
How to show the currency next to the product price in Shopify
If your Shopify store has gone international, you may want to show a different currency next to the product price. Shopify lets you set multiple currencies in your stores. Let’s discuss how this can be done.
How to enable multiple currencies in your Shopify store
If you’re accessing your Shopify store through desktop, you can use the following steps to set up multiple currencies.
- Go to Admin.
- Select Settings and go to Payments.
- Choose Manage.
- In the Regions/Countries sections, select Add Country.
- Here, you can select the country whose currency you want to show.
- Click on Add Country, and you’re done.
Set rounding rules
The way multiple currencies show or apply to your store will depend on the Shopify plan you’re using. For instance, the Basic plan does not allow custom rounding rules or price adjustments, while the Advanced and Plus plans do.
By setting the rounding rules, you can keep the price more consistent. Or, you can set customized rounding rules for determining how the price will look in a new currency.
How to set a currency selector
A currency selector lets the customers choose their country’s currency when shopping. You won’t find this option in most Shopify themes. However, you can get in touch with a Shopify partner, and they’ll add this feature to your theme.
Alternatively, you can use Geolocation, which is an app to provide a custom shopping experience to all your international customers. You can set this app in your Shopify store without any coding. Some of the key features of this app include:
- Detecting and matching the theme colors of your store
- Letting customers select their language and country
- Giving customers a customized experience based on their region.