Last Updated on by LAUNCHTIP
How to easily send gift cards to a specific email in Shopify
Shopify allows merchants’ customers to use one email to access a particular online store. When a gift card is purchased by a customer, it is automatically sent to the email address supplied at checkout.
If you want to send a gift card to a specific customer without them checking out on your store, this can be done easily.
How best to create gift cards for specific customer emails
Shopify allows merchants to create and send gift cards from the Shopify admin.
To generate a gift card for any customer, follow these steps:
- Go to the Shopify admin and then to Products
- Select Gift Cards and click on Issue Gift Card
- Enter the gift card’s value
- Select Find or Create a Customer. Enter the email address of the customer you want to send the gift card to. You can also enter the customer’s name.
- You can also set an expiry date for the gift card in the Set Expiration Date section. The gift card will expire at midnight on the date you have chosen – according to your store’s time zone
Although creating a gift card is easy, please ensue you are compliant with your country’s regulations about issuing gift cards. There is also a functionality to allow notes to be added after generating a gift card. Notes are only visible in the Shopify admin; your customers are not able to see notes.
To issue this gift card to the specified email address, click on Save.
If you want to save the gift card’s code in a separate document, you’ll need to do this before saving. After you’ve issued it to the customer, you will only see the last four characters of the gift card code. The customer receiving the gift card will be able to see the whole code. As gift cards are a form of currency, they’re only visible to the receiver.
If you want to view your gift cards in your Shopify account, navigate to Products and then to Gift Cards to see the following details:
- Date of creation
- Remaining balance
- Expiration date
- Added notes
- Gift card’s history