Last Updated on November 4, 2021 by LAUNCHTIP
Like any other e-commerce platform, Shopify has restrictions on things you can and cannot sell. If you want to sell vape pens on Shopify, can you do it legally?
Let’s take a look at the restrictions Shopify has for sales.
Can you sell vape pens legally on Shopify?
If vape pens are legal in your location, you can sell them on Shopify without any issue. However, keep in mind that some gateways consider them to be high-risk.
You should get in touch with your merchant to learn more about the gateways. If you have any confusion, consult Shopify support.
Prohibited items on Shopify
For future reference, here are some items that are prohibited for sale on Shopify.
- Alcohol: Although it’s legal for sale in the US, you cannot sell alcohol on Shopify
- Tobacco: You cannot sell cigarettes or e-cigarettes on Shopify. As for vape pens, you should talk to your merchant or Shopify support for more information. Plus, consider the local regulations in your country
- CBD: Although CBD is becoming a huge worldwide industry, you cannot sell it on Shopify in many countries. If you are in the US, you must complete the Attestation for the Sale of Hemp and Hemp-derived products form for selling cannabidiol. Canadian sellers must have a license for selling hemp-derived stuff on Shopify
- Fireworks: Fireworks are legal in all states across the US, except four. However, you cannot sell fireworks on Shopify even if they are legal in your state
- Firearms: You cannot sell any kind of firearms on Shopify, including knives, gunpowder, pellets, air guns, and crossbows
- Solvents: Shopify does not allow you to sell over 350 solvents, such as kerosene, alcohol, gasoline, or benzene
- Pharmaceuticals: Even if it’s legal in your location, you cannot sell pharmaceuticals on Shopify