How to best import old order data into Shopify
If you’ve set up a new store on Shopify, you’d want to import the data from your old store into the new one. Doing this manually will take you hours, if not days.
Are you looking for an automated method to do this? Here’s what you can do.
How to import old order data into a new Shopify store
Shopify doesn’t let you import old order data into your new store from your old one without third-party help. Cart2Cart is a migration tool that makes it possible and convenient for store owners to make the switch. The transfer will take a few hours, and you don’t need any tech skills for it.
Here are the entities supported by Cart2Cart.
- Products: You can import product information, such as the modified time, weight, tax class, special price, description, model, quality, and default price.
- Product Image: The tool also lets you import images that correspond to the products in your store.
- Product Tags: Tags are short descriptors assigned to the products to organize them. Cart2Cart also transfers them to your new store along with the rest of the product information.
- Product Variants: You can import product variants using this tool too. For instance, if you have a shoe store, the variants will be different sizes and colors.
- Categories: If you have different collections or categories in your store, Cart2Cart will import that too.
However, if you sell downloadable items in your store, like eBooks and software, this tool won’t allow you to import them to your new Shopify store.
How to import customers
To import customers into your new store, follow these steps.
- Go to the Customers tab in your admin.
- Select Import Customers.
- Then, click Choose File, and it will import the CSV file with customer details.
However, only 1MB of CSV files can be imported at once. You can use multiple CSV files to import customer data.