Last Updated on
Get your products tagged on your Instagram Posts
Instagram is a massive channel to market your stores products. Of course, whenever there is a handy feature or tool that a big media company like Facebook (owners of Instagram) are offering, you’d be wise to make use of it.
Shopify have a connection to the Instagram channel but this doesn’t mean you can access this feature straightaway. The ability to sell directly on Instagram is determined by Instagrams in-house review team.
If you find yourself being unable to tag products, there are a couple of techniques that may help with getting approved to sell on Instagram. If you have followed Shopify’s guide and have had no luck, keep reading.
Below are steps to troubleshoot the Instagram Sales Channel. Tagging isn’t the same as selling through Instagram. Tagging is simply adding a link to your Shopify store’s product on a post. Selling through the Instagram Sales Channel means the customer will never leave Instagram and they will handle the transaction.
Do you have a genuine problem or connection issue?
Sometimes, tech goes wrong. You can spend hours over something that is literally out of your hands. The first thing to do is simply report an issue to Instagram. Letting Instagram know that you your Shopify Product feed is denied, when you know your store doesn’t violate their sales policy will trigger Instagram to take a second, deeper look. This can sometimes act like an appeal and cause their initial decision to be changed.
Another tactic is mentioned in a review on the Instagram app’s page. This option is a bit more complicated but is another method that has seen success.
- Remove the Instagram Shopping Channel and clear your Browsers Cache.
- Unlink the connection between your facebook and Instragam pages in the Instagram App.
- Switch your Instagram account back to Personal
- Delete the Instagram App and reinstall
- Log Back into Instagram
- DON’T relink your facebook page and DON’T switch to a business profile
- Go to your facebook page and disconnect your instagram under accounts
- Go your business page of facebook, go to settings and make sure you aren’t listed as a “Service”. You are a shop!
- Reconnect your Instagram account to facebook
- Follow the prompt to switch your Instagram account to a business. If not prompted, manually do it within the app.
- Head back to Shopify, Install the Instagram Sales channel and setup.
Provided the steps are followed, you may be approved within 24-48 hours.
The main factors are that your store is actually eligible. If you aren’t eligible then you can’t tag.
If you are eligible, you just need to ensure you have all the accounts, settings and catalogues setup correctly. Again, this tech can be complicated and if you had used facebook business manager prior to Shopify, this can add to the confusion.