Last Updated on June 2, 2021 by LAUNCHTIP
How to apply a great flat percentage discount to your entire Shopify store in 2 ways
To offer an incentive to your customers for shopping at your store, you can give them discounts in different ways. Firstly, you can give them a discount count to use at checkout. Secondly, you can put some items or collections on your store on sale.
Another way to apply a discount is to have a store-wide sale for a few hours or even days. But how do you apply a flat percentage discount to every item in your store without manually calculating the prices?
Normally, you’d have to download the CSV file, enter the discount rates in the Variant Price column and original price in the Variant Compare at rate column.
Next, you’d have to upload the file in your store by overwriting existing products. However, there’s a simpler method to do this.
Applying a flat percentage discount using Shopify admin
Shopify allow merchants to easily apply discounts across their stores. It’s super simple and easy to do.
- Navigate to Discounts in the left-hand menu on your Shopify home page
- Select Create Discount and then click Discount Code
- Enter the discount code you wish customers to use e.g. SUMMERSALE20
- Select Percentage from the Types section
- Enter the discount value e.g 20%
- Select which products or collections you want the discount to apply to. Leave All Products selected if you want it applied across your entire store
- Edit the Minimum Requirements, Customer Eligibility and Usage Limits to fit your store
- Choose which dates you’d like the discount activated for
- Save the discount
Use an app to apply a flat percentage discount
If you change the prices manually, you will have to revert them back to their original values after the sale is over. However, you can skip this hassle by using the Bold Discounts app.
The app lets you hold a store-wide sale with a single click. All you have to do is set the discount value and apply it to certain products, collections, or the whole store.
Moreover, you can create a sense of urgency in your customers by running a real-time sale timer. It will show a countdown on the product page to tell the customers they’re running out of time to avail the discounts.
The app also has auto-tagging features for Cyber Monday and Black Friday, allowing you to instantly hold sales for these days. The app comes with a 14-day free trial, after which you have to pay $19.99 per month for the following services:
- Live countdown timers
- Store-wide discounts
- Scheduled sales
As well as applying a flat percentage discount to your entire Shopify store, you can also create tiered discounts for certain products. This is great is you want to offer a discount once a customer has added a particular amount to their shopping cart.